We pride ourselves on offering an extensive range of high-quality fabrics and leathers to cater to the diverse needs and preferences of our customers. Choosing the perfect material for your furniture can sometimes seem overwhelming, but understanding the different codes available can help simplify your decision.
In this article, we'll guide you through the steps to select the ideal fabric or leather for your furniture.
Step 1: Understand the Different Categories of Materials
The first step to choosing your fabric or leather is to familiarise yourself with the various categories available. We offer a wide range of fabric and leather options, including:
1.1. Premium Fabrics: These fabrics are carefully selected for their quality, texture, and durability, ensuring that your furniture will look and feel luxurious for years to come.
1.2. Standard Fabrics: A more budget-friendly option, our standard fabrics offer a balance between quality and affordability.
1.3. Leathers: King Living's leather collection is sourced from the finest tanneries worldwide, offering unparalleled quality and sophistication.
Step 2: Decode the Fabric and Leather Codes
At King Living, each fabric and leather option has a specific code that represents its quality, texture, and other properties. These codes are designed to help you understand the key characteristics of each option, simplifying the selection process. Here's what you need to know about the various codes:
2.1. Fabric Codes: Fabrics are assigned a letter code (A, B, C, etc.) to indicate their price range, with A being the most affordable and higher letters corresponding to higher prices. The higher the letter, the more premium the fabric.
2.2. Leather Codes: Leather options are coded with an L prefix followed by a number (L1, L2, L3, etc.). The number indicates the leather's grade and price, with L1 being the most affordable and higher numbers corresponding to more premium leathers.
King Living fabrics are divided into several categories, each with its own code:
a. Codes 2 - 5 - Essentials: These fabrics are ideal for those looking for an affordable, yet durable option. They are typically made from synthetic fibres, such as polyester or microfibre, and are easy to clean and maintain.
b. Codes 5 - 8 - Premium: Premium fabrics offer a higher level of quality and comfort. They are often made from natural fibres, like cotton or linen, and provide a more luxurious feel. This category may also include blended fabrics, which combine the best properties of natural and synthetic fibres.
c. Code 10 - 12 - Luxury: Luxury fabrics are the top-tier option at King Living. These fabrics are made from high-quality materials, such as velvet, silk, or high-end synthetic fibres. They boast exceptional softness, comfort, and durability, but may require more care and maintenance than lower-tier options.
Step 3: Consider Your Needs and Preferences
When selecting a fabric or leather, consider the following factors:
- Budget: Determine your budget and choose a code that falls within your price range. Remember that higher codes often represent higher quality and luxury and may cost more.
- Durability: If your furniture will be used frequently or placed in high-traffic areas, choose a material with a higher durability rating, such as a premium fabric or high-grade leather.
- Lifestyle: Consider your lifestyle and how the furniture will be used. For families with young children or pets, more durable and easy-to-clean options (like Code 1 fabrics or Code L1 leathers) may be more suitable.
- Maintenance: Some fabrics and leathers require more care and maintenance than others. Choose a material that suits your lifestyle and cleaning preferences.
- Comfort: The texture and feel of the material can greatly impact the comfort of your furniture. Make sure to touch and feel the fabric or leather samples in-store to find the one that best suits your preferences.
- Aesthetic: Your furniture should complement the overall design and style of your space. Consider the colour, pattern, and texture of the material when making your choice. Think about the overall visual appeal of your living space.
Step 4: Visit a King Living Showroom
To make the best decision, we recommend visiting a King Living showroom today to explore our extensive range of fabric and leather options and find the ideal match for your home. Our friendly consultants will assist you in choosing the perfect material for your furniture. You can also request fabric and leather swatches here to trial in your home.
By understanding the different codes and categories available and considering your needs and preferences, you can confidently choose the perfect material for your space.