The Smart Charge table offers a wireless charging station right at your fingertips, provided your mobile phone is QI compatible and software is up to date.
If mobile device is not charging once placed on the Smart Charge Table follow steps below:
1. Check the device supports wireless charging. If the device is Qi enabled, these devices will be compatible with the charging tables.
2. Ensure the phone software is up to date with the latest software version. Always restart your device to ensure updates are completed. If the device is not restarted, the software changes may not update. (iPhone 12 has been known to have this issue).
3. If the phone is still not charging.
4. Check all connection points to power supply.
5. The red indicator light turns on for 2 seconds when the table is first powered on, to help locate the ideal spot on the surface for charging.
6. Keep the device on the table for at least 2 seconds for wireless charging to recognise the device.
7. Hover the phone vertically over the red indicator light, which is more effective in pinpointing the charger over a larger surface area. The more the device is centred, the better. Does the red indicator light flash on when the table is plugged in?
6. If the indicator light does NOT flash on when you plug in table, the issue is likely with the table or connection to power point.
7. Try removing the Smart table from the bracket and inserting back to ensure it's in the correct position in the knock-in part of the bracket.
Only Qi devices are compatible with the charging tables.
To read complete article about 'Charging Smart Table compatibility' click here
Speed of Charging
- The speed of wireless charging depends on the device compatibility.Some phones support faster charging capability than others. King SMART tables provide 15W of power Eg: Apple has 7.5W while some versions of Android can support the full 15W of power.
- Each device has a specification of compatibility: 5W, 10W, 15W - which refers to the speed at which it can receive.
- If the phone only has 5W capability, that is the speed at which it will charge.
- Apple have capped their maximum speed to 7.5W for non-apple wireless chargers.
Note: Always check mobile device has not overheated as it will not charge once placed on charge table.